Power BI Desktop Updates
The Power BI Desktop is the application where you build reports and models to publish.
Core updates to the reporting features include:
- Multi-select data points across multiple charts
- Sync slicers across multiple pages of your report
- Numeric range slicer improvement – whole number snapping (preview)
- Faster geocoding for Bing maps (web preview)
- Overflow data labels for bar and column charts
- Search the formatting and analytics pane
Power BI Service Updates
The Power BI Service is the online service where you publish apps, reports and dashboards.
- Share and favorite Power BI reports
- OAuth2 and DirectQuery Single Sign-on Support for Azure SQL Database and Data Warehouse
- In-region Auditing
- Announcing general availability of SharePoint Online report web part
- Custom visuals admin control
- Scheduled refresh support for Azure Analysis Services
- January update for On-premises gateway
- Improved hyperlink support on Mobile
On-premise Data Gateway Updates
The Power BI On-premise Data Gateway connects the Power BI cloud service to your on premise data.
- PowerShell commands for managing the on-premises data gateway are now published to the PowerShell Gallery in beta.
- On-premises data gateway administrators can configure their gateways to control the number of mashup engine containers that can run in parallel.
- The on-premises data gateway now includes the January version of the mashup engine
Power BI Report Server
The October release for Report Server includes.
- Support for imported data in Power BI reports
- Ability to view excel workbooks within the web portal. This is done by configuring Office Online Server.
- Support for the new Power BI table and matrix visuals.
- REST API support